Education Hour for Adults, Sundays 10 – 11 a.m.
We all have something to learn–and we’re all in this together! Adults are invited to attend the Sunday morning Education Hour (10 – 11 a.m. every Sunday). A few things you should know about the time together:
- You don’t have to sign-up. Just come!
- If you don’t have a Bible to use, there are some available at class. If you want a Bible of your own, we would be happy to assist you.
- It’s ok if you don’t know anything about the Bible… That’s why we’re here! Come learn with others of all experience levels.
- It’s ok to share at class, but it’s also ok to just listen to others.
- If you miss a class (or ten!), it’s ok to show up this week. Each class is beneficial on it’s own. Don’t let missing a couple classes keep you away from the next one.
- If you’d like to see a list of all the classes for the 2016-2017 year, click here: 2016-2017-Adult-Bible-Classes.pdf (78 downloads) .
Classes November 6 – December 11, 2016
Judges Led by Pastor Chuck Whited
This class will explore this Old Testament book which covers a fascinating time in the history of God’s people. In a time where God’s people willfully chose to ignore Him, He shows His faithfulness over and over by sending judges to lead them.
40 Days in the Word Led by Karen Cassidy
Learn how to engage God’s Word more consistently in your life. You’ll get practical tips for reading and understanding the Bible. There will be some video teaching by Rick Warren, the author of the book, and group discussion.
Bio-Ethics Led by Phil Reed
Have you ever wondered how to think as a Christian about the ethics of stem cell research, assisted reproductive technology, abortion, euthanasia, or organ donation? These are among the many perplexing issues that we face today in the advancing fields of medicine, science, and technology. This course introduces ways to approach such issues based on Biblical and Christian principles.
Just Us This is a Bible class for adults with developmental disabilities. The group shares space and large group activities (including music, video and games) with our FT kids.
Meets in the Gym.
The Secrets of Influential Parenting Led by Susan Whited (THIS CLASS CONTINUES JANUARY 8 – FEBRUARY 19, 2017)
Why do so many of our young people lead dual lives (attend church, yet live according to the world), walk away from the faith, and/or fail when they go off to college? What can parents do to prepare their children for the challenging teenage and college years? This course provides practical answers and support based upon Scripture, extensive research, and interviews of over 2500 young people. The Parent Participant Package includes the workbook, full set of CDs, Jeff Schadt’s book Going, Going, Gone, and a 30-day membership to the parent support website which has hundreds of parenting videos and resources. It normally sells for $99, is now $69, and if we have ten or more participants, the cost will be $50. If you need financial assistance, please contact Pastor or Susan Whited. Please register as soon as possible here.
If you have questions, please contact Sue Steege (firstname.lastname@example.org)