Pastor Chuck Whited and Director of Care Ministries, Marsha Peth have joined with some people from Eastern Hills Wesleyan Church and a UB Campus Ambassador on a mission trip to Nepal with Sowers Ministries, June 18 – 30.
What an amazing mission trip this has been! God has done a mighty work!
– Worshipped, taught, and prayed over 3000 believers in twelve churches
– Baptized 52 people in one day in the river and 2 special girls one night in a roof top baptism
– Gave school supplies and computers, sang and danced with 1000 children in five schools
– Supported and instructed 400 pastors at a pastoral conference
– Gave certificates and celebrated 26 young women who completed sewing school
– Encouraged 25 pastors and believers in their mission against human trafficking
– Gave the Good News of Jesus, the light of the world in a VBS program for 39 children
– Dedicated one new church
– Thousands of lives impacted for the Kingdom of God
– Thousands of people who have heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ
– One very thankful American-Chinese-Indian-Nepali missionary team!
– Glory to God! Alleluia!
The team will begin making their way back to this side of the world soon (they leave Kathmandu around noon our time tomorrow). They have a five hour flight from Kathmandu to Abu Dhabi, where they have a three hour layover. Then they fly fourteen hours from Abu Dhabi to New York City, where they have a four hour layover before flying home to Buffalo. That’s around a 27 hour travel “day”. Please pray for rest and endurance!
They are scheduled to be on JetBlue #2302, arriving at 2:17 p.m. Friday, in case you’re interested in welcoming them home. If we hear of any change to their flight plans, we will post those on First Trinity’s Facebook page.