First Trinity will be sending a team to help with recovery efforts in Texas after Hurricane Harvey came through. We will be working out of Memorial Lutheran Church in Katy, Texas, where Jason Christ used to serve. While we don’t know the specifics of the work we’ll be doing, we expect it to be labor-intensive jobs like removing debris from houses, helping people sift through belongings and decide what can be saved, moving salvaged possessions into storage, etc.
- Friday, September 15 (After work) – Depart from Buffalo to drive to Houston.
- September 16 (evening) – Arrive at Memorial in Katy, Texas.
- September 17-22 – Work as directed
- September 23 (early) – Depart for Buffalo
- Sunday, September 24 (afternoon) – Arrive at First Trinity
First Trinity is able to cover transportation costs for anyone driving down with us. If you’d rather fly to Houston, we are able to provide transportation to/from the airport. Contact Jason Christ or Susan Whited to make arrangements. Food while in Texas will be covered as well.
If you would like to donate supplies for the trip, we are in need of the following:
- N95 Masks
- Concrobium Mold Control
- Garbage Bags (Heavy Duty)
- Storage Containers/Bins for clothing and possessions. (Ship to Texas if possible. See below.)
Supplies purchased locally can be delivered to the church during normal hours (8:30-5) Monday (9/11) – Thursday (9/14). Consider shipping online purchases directly to:
Nathan Engman c/o
Memorial Lutheran Church
5810 Third St,
Katy, TX 77493
You can choose from our Amazon Wish List by clicking here. There is an option to ship directly to Nathan at Memorial.
Interested in coming with us? Fill out the form below. If you plan to come, but will travel separately one or both ways, please note that in the additional information field.