God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.Psalm 46:1-2a (ESV)
The ongoing Coronavirus outbreak has created great concern for many people. First Trinity leadership has been discussing how to best continue offering services and programming while also keeping good practices in place and adding new ones for preventing the spread of communicable diseases like coronavirus. Some things to know:
- We have some hand sanitizer around the building and are in the process of getting more. Please practice good hand washing and bring your own hand sanitizer for added cleanliness.
- We use products to disinfect and sanitize surfaces in our church and school on a regular basis and will continue to do so.
- Pastor and our Communion Assistants are using hand sanitizer prior to serving. We are asking all servers to not participate if they have cold-like symptoms as an extra precaution.
- We offer individual cups for Communion each week and will have enough for everyone who wants to use them. Common cup is still available for now, but may change as the situation changes. Gluten free wafers will be in individual cups until further notice to avoid excessive touching. It is always OK to not take Communion if you don’t feel comfortable. We will still bless children, but will not be making physical contact with them.
- We trust people to make good personal judgment in attending church. If you are feeling under the weather, please take special steps to make sure you do not spread it to other people. If you know you are sick with something that is contagious, please stay home and take care of yourself. We will be providing sermon audio as usual at FirstTrinity.com and are working to add full service streaming online. Watch for more details soon.
- If you have an ongoing medical condition or are in a vulnerable population group that makes you more susceptible to common ailments, please take special precautions by keeping extra distance from others and not shaking hands. We are understanding and accepting as we want what is best for everyone.
Updates will be going out to our weekly eNews as needed.
Please continue to be in prayer for all those affected by the coronavirus and for First Trinity as we continue to care for people in our church and community.