I hope you are all doing well! In what seems like the “new normal”, a lot has changed in the last 4 days since our previous update. I imagine you’ve experienced this as well. The big news was that Governor Cuomo issued an executive order closing all non-essential businesses and instituting a 100% work from home mandate. The Executive Ministry Team met Saturday Morning to plan for this new order that went into effect Sunday Evening.
As a result of this, we decided to close our building for all staff. We are currently working from home. If you have a need, please call the church and leave us a message. We receive them via email and our cell phones so we will be monitoring and getting back to people.
We are still livestreaming our Wednesday Lenten service this week and both services on Sunday. New York State released a guidance document for businesses. Here’s a relevant portion for churches:
Houses of worship are not ordered closed however it is strongly recommended no congregate services be held and social distance maintained.https://esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026
Based on this, we will continue to keep a small crew coming to church to facilitate online worship. I hope you will join us on our YouTube channel. If you missed this past week, you can worship now! Here are the links:
We also hosted a livestream for FT Kids Sunday School. Lisa Cross taught us about God’s Great Commands, focusing on telling the truth. You can watch that here:
Other things you should know!
- I mentioned it above, but it bears repeating: If you need help, please call the church office and leave a message. We will get back to you. We love you and want to help!
- If you’d like to be available to help others, fill out this form.
- If you or someone you know is in need of help, Marsha Peth at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church (716-835-2220) and hit 5 in the automated menu to speak with Marsha.
- New Portals of Prayer devotional booklets are available for April – June. If you would like one, fill out this form and we will mail it to you.
- In this time of isolation, connecting with others so important. Watch for news soon about ways to connect for online Bible study. If you would like to lead one of these 4-person connection groups, we will set you up with everything you need. Contact Sue Steege.
- Got a prayer request? Submit it here.
- Need an encouraging message before bed for your kids? Goodnight with Sue and Zanmi happens every evening at 7 p.m. on our YouTube channel. Be sure to subscribe to get notifications of new livestreams or video uploads.
A Word from the Lord
It is good to give thanks to the LORD, to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; to declare Your steadfast love in the morning, and Your faithfulness by night, to the music of the lute and the harp, to the melody of the lyre. For You, O LORD, have made me glad by Your work; at the works of Your hands I sing for joy. Psalm 92:1-4 (ESV)