Below you will find a list of sermons dating from May 15, 2011 through September 2, 2012. Audio and Sermon note pages are available from the series page. Beneath each series is a listing of the titles and their dates. To access sermons prior to May 15, 2011, Check out our old sermon blog.
Great Pray-ers (Series Page, July 22 – September 2, 2012)
It might surprise you to know that most people aren’t great pray-ers at first. Maybe you feel like you aren’t one either. The good news is that it’s a skill you can develop with practice. During this series, we’ll be learning how we can become Great Pray-ers in the Spirit.
- July 22: How To Pray
- July 29: Unanswered Prayer
- August 5: Pray Like Jesus
- August 26: Heartfelt Prayer
- September 2: Praying For Your Enemies
Sky VBS 2012 Recap (Series Page, August 19, 2012)
Workcamp 2012: MADE (Series Page, August 12, 2012)
Join us as we reflect on the Youth Mission Trip 2012 theme of MADE. How does Jesus make all things new? What happened with our youth at Workcamp? Check this one-week message out for an explanation of the theme and some of the stories from Workcamp.
Joy (Series Page, June 24 – July 15, 2012)
Sometimes it’s hard to remain joyful in all circumstances. The apostle Paul was well acquainted with hardship, and yet he declared: “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.” Philippians 4:4 Walk with us through the book of Philippians as we find joy in the midst of struggles, chaos and confusion.
- June 24: Joyful No Matter “What”
- July 1: It’s All in Your Mind
- July 8: Safeguarding Your Faith
- July 15: Inside Out
A Father’s Blessing (Series Page, June 17, 2012 — Father’s Day)
Can You See Him (Series Page, May 20 – June 10, 2012)
Do you struggle to see Jesus in your everyday life? It’s easy to miss Him as we live our day-to-day lives. But He’s there, walking with us through the good and the bad. Can you see Him? Join us as we look to improve our eyesight as we look for Jesus.
- May 20: Eyes to See
- May 27: Seeing the Light
- June 3: Seeing Through Doubt
- June 10: During Difficult Times
A Mother’s Time (Series Page, May 13, 2012 — Mother’s Day)
What happens when Esther is faced with the the opportunity to save her people, but also the possibility of death? Find out how God placed and used Esther “for this very time.”
- May 13: A Mother’s Time (Mother’s Day 2012)
Miracles (Series Page, April 8 – May 6, 2012)
Jesus did some pretty amazing things. From turning water to wine to calming storms. From healing people of their sickness to bring the dead to life. This Easter, we track five incredible miracles and explore their meaning to life today.
- April 8: The Greatest Miracle (Easter Sunday)
- April 15: Calming the Storm
- April 22: Water to Wine
- April 29: Poolside Miracle
- May 6: Opening Blind Eyes (Confirmation Sunday)
Giving Up (Series Page, February 26 – April 1, 2012)
Deep down, we want to be in charge. To make the decisions. To exert our will on life. But walking with Jesus means surrendering our lives. He doesn’t want part of us, but all. Not 10%, 50% or even 99%, but 100%. Join us as we give up the things we hold onto and surrender our lives to Jesus.
- February 26: Giving Up Control
- March 4: Giving Up Expectations
- March 11: Giving Up Labels
- March 18: Giving Up Enemies
- March 25: Giving Up Our Lives
- April 1: Giving Up Popularity
Lent 2012 (Series Page, Featuring Testimonies of God’s People)
Lent is a time of reflection as we prepare for Easter. It starts with Ash Wednesday and runs through Easter. We will again hear testimonies from the lives of God’s people during the Wednesday services, as well as walk with Jesus through the last few days of His life.
Special Lenten Service Times
- Ash Wednesday, February 22: 12:30 and 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 29: 7 p.m., Dinner at 6.
- Wednesday, March 7: 7 p.m., Dinner at 6.
- Wednesday, March 14: 7 p.m., Dinner at 6.
- Wednesday, March 21: 7 p.m., Dinner at 6.
- Wednesday, March 28: 7 p.m., Dinner at 6.
- Maundy Thursday, April 5: 7 p.m.
- Good Friday, April 6: 12:30 and 7 p.m. Tenebrae Service
Pain Killer (Series Page, February 5 – 19, 2012)
There are so many pains in our life. The complete and total pain of losing a loved one. The ongoing pain of suffering. The emotional pain of rejection. How do we deal with these pains? How do we cope? By bringing them to Jesus, our pain killer. Join us for a three week series that explores how we bring our pains to Jesus, and what he does to help us.
- February 5: The Pain of Loss
- February 12: The Pain of Suffering
- February 19: The Pain of Rejection
Move (Series Page, January 8 – 29, 2012)
Eat better. Get in shape. Pay my bills on time. Read more. Stop smoking.
It’s that time of the year when we make resolutions for the new year. Here’s another one: I will spend more time with God this year. Often we make that resolution, but it quickly falls by the wayside. Move is a 4-week sermon series that will help us draw closer to God as we move away from our own strength and into God’s. Join us for the four movements:
- January 8: From Death to Life
- January 15: From Far to Near
- January 22: From Grasping to Giving
- January 29: From Seated to Serving
The Presence of God (Series Page, November 27, 2011 – January 1, 2012)
The presence of God. What was it like to be in God’s presence? Awesome? Terrifying? Comforting? This Christmas, we explore the presence of God among His people, from the Garden of Eden all the way through to the birth of Jesus. How was God present in the past, and more importantly, how is He present with us today?
- November 27: The Presence of God in the Garden (Genesis 3)
- December 4: The Presence of God in the Wilderness (Exodus 33:1-16)
- December 11: The Presence of God in Battle (2 Chronicles 20:1-26)
- December 18: The Presence of God in Loneliness (Luke 1:26-56)
- December 24: The Presence of God in a Crowded Life (Luke 2)
- December 25: The Gift of Presence
- January 1: The Presence of God in 2012
Rooted in Gratitude (Series Page, Thanksgiving 2011)
Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate with family, enjoy good food and maybe watch some football. But it’s also a time to give thanks to God for he blessings in our life. But how do we continue to live a life rooted in gratitude to God for those blessings?
- November 24: Rooted in Gratitude (Thanksgiving 2011)
I Believe; Help My Unbelief! (Series Page, November 20, 2011)
Do you ever struggle in your faith? We all do. One time a father was struggling with his faith as he brought his son to Jesus to be healed. He knew Jesus could heal his son, but would He? When confronted about his doubts, he exclaims, “I believe; help my unbelief!” So too, we call out to Jesus to help our unbelief in times of doubt!
- November 20: I Believe; Help My Unbelief!
Is Jesus the Only Way to God? (Series Page, November 6 – 13, 2011)
What makes Christianity different from every other religion in the world? Are Christians arrogant for believing Jesus is the only way to God? This series explores some of the myths of common religious belief and examines if Jesus truly is the only way to God.
- November 6: Is Jesus the Only Way to God: Part 1
- November 13: Is Jesus the Only Way to God: Part 2
Bold (Series Page, October 9 – 30, 2011)
There comes a time in every Christian’s life where they are called to be bold. But how do we do it? Where do we get the strength to be bold? This October, we look at becoming more bold in knowing and acting like Jesus.
- October 9: Amazing Boldness
- October 16: Bold Prayers
- October 23: Bold Speaking
- October 30: Bold Obedience
Rooted in Christ (Series Page, September 11 – October 2, 2011)
This fall, we explore the power of being Rooted in Christ. God’s Word is our source of life and anchor in times of trouble. Spending time regularly in the Word is how we grow to be like Jesus. During this four week series, we’ll explore:
- September 11: Rooted in Christ: Restored
- September 18: Rooted in Christ: Confirmed
- September 25: Rooted in Christ: Strengthened
- October 2: Rooted in Christ: Established
Like No One Else (Series Page, August 28 – September 4, 2011)
God created us like no one else. He has uniquely gifted you for the work he has prepared for you. During this two week series, we will learn how to Serve and Live like no one else, as we build our lives on the Word of God.
- August 28: Serve Like No One Else
- September 4: Live Like No One Else
VBS 2011: God is Wild about You! (Series Page, August 21, 2011)
Frequently Asked Questions (Series Page, June 26 – August 14, 2011)
- June 26: The Bible says God created the earth, but science seems to contradict that. How do I reconcile this?
- July 3: In difficult circumstances, how can we worry less and sustain hope?
- July 10: How do I know when God is speaking to me personally?
- July 17: Can someone who believes in God, but chooses not to go to church be saved?
- July 24: Do all Jewish people go to hell? My friend is gay. Are they going to hell?
- August 7: Would a loving God send people to eternal torment forever? How can we be happy in heaven when many of those we love most will be in hell?
- August 14: What happens to babies when they die? If someone has never had the chance to accept Christ, what happens to them when they die?
Workcamp 2011: Connect (Series Page, July 31, 2011)
A Father’s Example (Series Page, June 19, 2011)
Elijah (Series Page, May 15 – June 12, 2011)
- May 15: The Making of a Man of God
- May 22: Battle on Mount Carmel
- May 29: The Prophet Prays
- June 5: The Depressed Prohet
- June 12: A Prophet’s Reward