Bible Readings: 1 John 5:1-5, 13-15, 2:1-6
Main Points: Jesus died for rebels. Overcoming our rebellion doesn’t happen by doing better and trying harder – it comes by faith in Jesus. Sometimes the answer itself is really easy. Living it out – not so much. The reality is that if you believe in Jesus, you should obey Him and do what he tells you to do. Overcoming our rebellion doesn’t happen by doing better and trying harder – it comes by depending on Jesus. Here’s the reality: We’re still going to mess it up…we’re still going to rebel. Even though we take steps, we still fall short and rebellion and disbelief creeps in. In those moments, we need to know what it means for Jesus to be our Advocate. Jesus is the atoning sacrifice for our sins – the one perfectly obedient to the Father.
- Morning Session
- Encounter/Small Group Time
- Youth Group Time at Rock City
- Dinner to honor our Senior
- Evening Session
- Youth Group Debrief
- Pray that students and adult leaders be open to God’s life-changing truth today
- Wisdom to know what God is teaching us this week and how to respond
- Events of the day would challenge us to obey Christ, depending on Him when we stumble and trusting Him to advocate on our behalf.
A few Pictures from Yesterday: